03/01/2018 - 05/31/2018
Join the State College Girl Scouts Spring Outdoor Challenge to get Girl Scouts outdoors and enjoying the warmer weather of spring. Starting March 1, 2017 and running through May 31, 2018, complete the required number of activities from the Spring Outdoor Challenge checklist and earn the Outdoor Challenge Patch and/or the spring rocker.
Daisies should complete 15 items to earn the patch, Brownies should complete 20 items, Cadettes/Seniors/Ambassadors should complete 35 items. Adults should follow the Girl Scout Law and try to complete an “Honest and Fair” number of items based on their abilities.
Share pictures of your springtime fun on our Facebook page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Sending us your photos constitutes consent to publish.
Rules and Guidelines:
1. The challenge is open to current girl members and active volunteers. Families may participate in activities, but are not eligible for patches.
2. Each participant should submit one final checklist. Entries should be submitted by June 10. Submit your checklist at the May or June Service Unit 416 meeting or scan and email to email@example.com.
3. Girls must complete the required number of activities for their grade level to earn the patch.
4. Each participant will earn the Spring rocker, and the Outdoor Challenge Patch if they have not already earned it. There will be a Summer and Fall Outdoor Challenge as well.
5. Girls may complete activities as a troop/group, but each girl should only count activities that she took part in.
6. Girls and adults must follow Safety Activity Checkpoints for all activities.
Girls and adult volunteers who complete the 2018 Spring Challenge will be able to purchase a “2018 State College Girl Scouts Outdoor Challenge” Patch with a Spring rocker for $3. If you only need the spring rocker, cost is $1 each. Additional seasonal rockers (summer and fall) will be available for $1 after those challenges are complete.