06/01/2018 - 08/31/2018
Join the State College Girl Scouts Summer Outdoor Challenge. Get outside and enjoy all that summer has to offer! Starting June 1, 2017 and running through August 31, 2018, complete the required number of activities from the checklist and earn the Outdoor Challenge Patch and/or the summer rocker.
Daisies should complete 15 items to earn the patch, Brownies should complete 20 items, Cadettes/Seniors/Ambassadors should complete 35 items. Adults should follow the Girl Scout Law and try to complete an “Honest and Fair” number of items based on their abilities.
Share pictures of your summertime fun on our Facebook page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Sending us your photos constitutes consent to publish.
Rules and Guidelines:
1. The challenge is open to current girl members and active volunteers. Families may participate in activities, but are not eligible for patches.
2. Each participant should submit one final checklist. Entries should be submitted by September 10. Submit your checklist at the August or September Service Unit 416 meeting or scan and email to email@example.com.
3. Girls must complete the required number of activities for their grade level to earn the patch.
4. Each participant will earn the Summer rocker, and the Outdoor Challenge Patch if they have not already earned it. There will be a Fall Outdoor Challenge as well.
5. Girls may complete activities as a troop/group, but each girl should only count activities that she took part in.
6. Girls and adults must follow Safety Activity Checkpoints for all activities.
Girls and adult volunteers who complete the 2018 Summer Challenge will be able to purchase a “2018 State College Girl Scouts Outdoor Challenge” Patch with a Summer rocker for $3. If you only need the summer rocker, cost is $1 each. A fall rocker will be available when that Challenge is complete.