12/01/2020 - 03/15/2021
The State College Girl Scouts Winter Outdoor Challenge is here and we are committed to ensuring the Outdoor Challenge program meets the needs of our girls and troops. Checkout the program changes we are making effective immediately.
How many items can you check off your list? Get outside to see. Starting December 1, 2020 and running through March 15, 2021, complete the required number of activities from the 2020-21 Winter Outdoor Challenge checklist and earn the Outdoor Challenge Patch and/or a winter rocker.
Daisies should complete 15 items to earn the patch, Brownies should complete 20 items, Cadettes/Seniors/Ambassadors should complete 35 items. Adults should follow the Girl Scout Law and try to complete an “Honest and Fair” number of items based on their abilities.
Share pictures of your winter fun on our Facebook page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Sending us your photos constitutes consent to publish.
Earn Free Patches
If you enjoy the outdoor challenges and want to help keep them interesting, send us your challenge ideas to earn free patches.
Artistically inclined girls from Service Unit 416 can also earn a $25 gift card to the Girl Scout shop by sending us a patch design. Patch designs should be emailed to email@example.com. Submissions should include the girl name, troop number, and contact information for her parent/guardian and troop leader.
Rules and Guidelines:
- The challenge is open to current girl members and active volunteers.
- Each participant should submit one final checklist to their troop leader.
- Girls must complete the required number of activities for their Girl Scout level to earn the patch.
- Each participant will earn the winter rocker, and the Outdoor Challenge Patch if they have not already earned it.
- Girls may complete activities as a troop/group, but each girl should only count activities that she took part in.
- Girls and adults must follow Safety Activity Checkpoints for all activities.
Download the 2020-21 Winter Outdoor Challenge checklist.