11:00 am - 12:00 pm
University Park Airport
Uniform Class A
What: Airport Tour
Who: Brownie Girl Scouts
When: Thursday, October 18th at 11AM
Where: University Park Airport
Optional: Complete the Fling Flyer Badge at Burnell (Airport) Park from 12-1 and Brown Bag lunch
Details: The University Park Airport has invited all Brownies in Service Unit 416 to tour the airport which will include:
- Life Light Hangar – tour hangar, meet pilots and medical staff, learn about helicopter and how it differs from airplane.
- Pilot presentation – single engine aircraft – talk about profession and the plane and major parts
- Tour of Aircraft Maintenance Repair Station
- Fire engine display – why we have them, who operates them, demo and then some details on other equipment on board
- Business Professions – how a career in business is used here at the airport
The airport can only do this level of event on a week day during core business hours. Since this a school conference day, we are hoping girls are able to attend.
To complete the Fling Flyer Badge, your Brownie is invited to attend a brown bag lunch and badge session at Burnell Park.
Cost: None for tour, if you Brownie would like fun patch cost is $1, if your Brownie would like a fun patch and the Fling Flyer Badge cost is $4. Monies collected at event and patches/badges order after the event.
Sign up as a troop or as an individual Scout. Must meet ratios if coming as a troop or if coming as a Scout a parent must supervise their own Scout.
Contact Michelle Varrassa with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org 814-964-8548 (text)