3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Join with Zoom
Uniform Class A
Join us on March 14th for a virtual Democracy in Action Panel.
We will have a number of local and state elected officials join us for a virtual panel discussion focused on what role they play in our local and state governments, how our government functions, and how our government officials get chosen.
We will start with introductions and a high level overview of each panelists role in government and then pose questions from our members to the panelists. Girls should submit questions in advance using the form below.
Girls should wear their uniform and join the zoom using their name and troop number as the participant name (i.e. “Amya, Troop 40123”).
Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93407341704
- Amy Farkas, Harris Township Manager
- Carla Stilson, Council Member for College Township
- Ronald Filippelli, State College Mayor
- Amber Concepcion, Board President State College Area School District
- Michael Pipe, Chair of the Centre County Board of Commissioners
- Scott Conklin, PA State Representative, 77th District
- Kerry Benninghoff, PA State Representative, 171st District
- Meg Snead, Secretary of Policy and Planning at Office of PA Governor Tom Wolf
This event will satisfy the following badge requirements:
- Democracy for Daisies 1 & 2
- Democracy for Brownies 1 &2
- Democracy for Juniors 1 & 2
- Democracy for Cadettes 1 & 2
- Democracy for Seniors 1 & 2
- Democracy for Ambassadors 1 & 2