Camp rules keep us all safe. Please review our rules with all girls and adults who will be attending camp, and keep in mind that what may be OK when camping with one’s own family is not necessarily allowed in the group setting. Campers who do not follow the rules may be asked to leave camp with no refunds offered.
- No one should be alone – Everyone (adults included) needs a buddy.
- Girls should have adult supervision at all times.
- No running in camp; rocks and roots are easy to trip over.
- Please be on time for all activities
- Wear closed toed shoes that attach securely to feet. No crocs, sandals, flip flops, etc. No bare feet. Socks are always a good idea.
- No one should be at lake or dock without adult supervision
- Flag ceremonies: there is to be no talking from the time we line up for flag ceremony until its conclusion
- Please note that one of the restrooms may intermittently be used/labeled for males–pay attention to sign on door before entering.
- Remember to “leave no trace”: take only pictures, leave only footprints – please leave flora and fauna alone. This includes the salamanders in the lake. Look, but do not catch, handle, or harass.
All campers must check-in with camp coordinators at the pre-designated check-in site.
Parents not staying overnight will leave daughters’ belongings in the designated area at check-in and say good-byes there (i.e., parents not staying overnight should NOT transport daughters’ belongings to lodging units). Parents who are dropping girls off at camp should check with their group/troop leader before leaving.
All vehicles must be parked in approved parking areas.
If you have more adults in your group than required, please check in with camp coordinators to see if general assistance is needed.
All troop leaders should have with them permission slips, health forms, and any medications needed for their girls. In addition, a first aider and supplies will be available at the front of camp.
Troops doing flag ceremony will have instructions in their folders. Feel free to practice the flag ceremonies before you do them. Troop assisting with a meal should arrive 30 mins before meal time.
There is no maid service at camp. Please remember that your girls are responsible for cleaning their units before departure. Do check and make sure it is acceptably cleaned. The sleeping area should be swept and no trash or debris left in bunks. Follow all provided check-out procedures.
Latrines: sweep floor, clean mirrors, wipe sinks/toilet seats/lids with cleaner. Remove all trash.
Pavilions: Sweep floor, clean sinks and counters, remove trash.
Trash should be removed from units and deposited in the designated area; replace liners in all cans.
Food in Camp
Please make sure there is no food in the units. If any adult or girl has food, candy, gum (even factory-wrapped), make sure they are securely stored. You don’t want a friendly visit from a local critter in your cabin, tent, or picnic tables!
Photo Credit Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle