In A World of Girls, Brownies discover different cultures around the world and see how storytelling can inspire us to help others. Then girls may team up to tell their own stories through theater, crafts, painting, or even by developing their own advertising.
In this Journey, you will:
- Find out about girls around the world and how stories can give you ideas for helping others—play a game from another culture, invite storytellers to talk about what they do, or draw a self-portrait that shows what’s unique about you.
- Plan a Take Action Project, such as sewing a quilt, painting a mural, writing a play, or creating your own ad.
- Earn 4 leadership awards: Hear a Story Award, Change a Story Award, Tell a Story Award, and Better World for Girls! Award. If you’re a Girl Scout volunteer, go to Volunteer Toolkit for complete meeting plans and activity instructions.
Part of the Journeys sequence. Earned by Brownie Scouts.
- Pass it on! Share your talents and skills by teaching younger girl scouts something you learned to do as a Brownie.
- Look ahead! As a Junior you’ll find new stars to guide you and become a star yourself! The best way to find out what it really means to be a Girl Scout Junior is to talk to girls who already are Juniors.
Part of the Bridging sequence. Earned by Brownie Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
Do you look up when you hear something fly over your house? Get ready to find out about flying and how much fun aviation can be.
When I finish this badge, I’ll be able to tell others about flying aircraft and what aviation opportunities are ahead.
GS Brownie Aviation Badge
Part of the Aviation sequence. Earned by Brownie Scouts.
If someone was sick or hurt, would you know how to help? In this badge, you’ll find out what to do in an emergency, from calling 911 to using first aid to treat minor injuries. When the unexpected happens, you’ll be prepared!
1. Find out how to get help from 911
2. Talk to someone who treats injured people
3. Make a first aid kit
4. Learn how to treat minor injuries
5. Know how to prevent and treat outdoor injuries
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to get help in an emergency and treat minor injuries.
Part of the First Aid sequence. Earned by Brownie Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
As a Girl Scout Brownie, you’re part of a sisterhood. Brownies all over the world share traditions and do good things to make the world a better place. In this badge, try some special Brownie traditions (some that Girl Scouts have been sharing for 100 years!)—and, of course, have a world of Brownie fun.
1. Sing everywhere
2. Celebrate Juliette Low’s birthday
3. Share sisterhood
4. Leave a place better than you found it
5. Enjoy Girl Scout traditions
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to practice and share the Girl Scout way.
Part of the Girl Scout Way sequence. Earned by Brownie Scouts. Download Additional Resources.