Earn Brownie Safety Award
- Talk to a teacher, parent, or another adult about how to stay safe at school. Make a list of the three most important rules for playground safety or safety on the school bus.
- Get a map of your neighborhood or town and mark with the police station, fire station, and other important points are located.
- Find out a smoke alarm works. Test the one at your home so you know what it sounds like and to make sure it’s working.
- Choose an upcoming trip you plan to take – to a carnival, amusement park, the mall, or even just the grocery store – and make a safety plan with an adult. Find out what to do if a stranger approaches you in a public place.
- Find out what natural disasters are most common in your area (earthquakes, blizzards, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods) and discuss with your family or another adult what to do when they happen.
Part of the Safety sequence. Earned by Brownie Scouts.