And to prove that a flyer can be a girl, who can soar as high as any man, I’m showing the women around the world that we can fly, we surely can!
-Pat Valdata, “Where No Man Can Fly”
Katherine Stinson was the first person to fly at night in 1912. Is flying your passion also?
This badge will open opportunities for my future careers (maybe in aviation).
GS Ambassador Aviation Badge
Part of the Aviation sequence. Earned by Ambassador Scouts.
Girl Scouts get the chance to experience amazing outdoor adventures—and when you’re exploring outside, anything can happen. When it does, others may look to you, as an Ambassador, to know what to do in an emergency situation. In this badge, you’ll learn skills that define the Girl Scout motto. You’ll be prepared to handle any outdoor situation, from treating a mosquito bite to saving a life.
1. Learn how to deal with medical emergencies in the wilderness
2. Research careers that save lives in extreme conditions
3. Find out how to care for a critically injured person
4. Know how to move an injured person
5. Explore real-life examples for handling wilderness emergencies
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know more about how to provide first aid in extreme conditions.
Part of the First Aid sequence. Earned by Ambassador Scouts.
As a Girl Scout Ambassador, you’re perfectly poised to help our sisterhood fly into its second powerful century. Although the badges, books, and presidents have changed along the way, some things have always been the Girl Scout Way: through song and celebration, service and action, the Movement continues to educate, inspire, and bring people together. Share our legacy in this badge as you spread your wings and launch Girl Scouting into the future.
1. Use song to bring people together or to spread a message
2. Celebrate World Thinking Day
3. Share sisterhood around the world
4. Leave your world better than you found it
5. Enjoy Girl Scout traditions!
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to use the Girl Scout ways and traditions to make the world a better place.
Part of the Girl Scout Way sequence. Earned by Ambassador Scouts.
Dreams do come true, especially for Ambassadors and the girls and women they inspire. On the BLISS: Live It! Give It! Journey girls may work with aspiring artists, meet successful athletes, or create a college exploration workshop to help others make their dreams a reality.
Part of the Journeys sequence. Earned by Ambassador Scouts.
What does it take to motivate a team to accomplish its goals? The best coaches put their answers into action at every practice. In this badge, find your answers and share them! Coaching is an opportunity to share your love of a sport, demonstrate your athletic skills, and to inspire and empower athletes to realize their potential.
1. Begin to outline your coaching strategy
2. Conduct a first assessment
3. Design your coaching plan
4. Put your plan into action — and revise it, if necessary
5. Attend the big event, and make a final assessment
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know what it takes for a coach to be successful.
Part of the Athlete sequence. Earned by Ambassador Scouts.