Imagine meeting a monkey or kicking up dust with a kangaroo. These animals live in the wild, so we don’t get to spend time with them in their natural homes—their habitats. But that doesn’t mean we can’t find out more about where they live, how they play, and how we can help them!
1. Find out about wild animals
2. Investigate an animal habitat
3. Create an animal house
4. Explore endangered habitats
5. Help protect animal habitats
When I’ve earned this badge, I will know more about wild animals and how to protect their homes.
Earned by Junior Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
Animals have always provided clothing, and transportation, but today they’re also trained to help people with disabilities, find people who are lost, and even discover tumors. And, of course, animals offer us companionship, love, and sheer joy. In this badge, look at how animals help humans. (Researchers say the love of an animal can improve our emotional health!)
1. Explore the connection between humans and animals
2. Find out how animals help keep people safe
3. Know how animals help people emotionally
4. Check out how animals help people with disabilities
5. Look at how animals might help us in the future
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how animals help humans, and how to help them keep it up.
Earned by Cadette Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
Whether they’re cute and cuddly, or slimy and scary, pets are so much fun. If you hope to have a pet someday, use this badge to learn how to choose the pet that’s right for you—and make sure it stays happy and healthy. Or find out how to take the best care of a pet you already have!
1. Find out what care different pets need
2. Keep a pet comfy
3. Help a pet stay healthy and safe
4. Make a pet feel loved
5. Feed a pet
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to take care of a pet.
If you need animal care charts, you can download them for free: http://www.freeprintablebehaviorcharts.com/pet_charts.htm
Earned by Brownie Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
As consumers of beauty products, clothing, and chicken nuggets, and as pet owners, horseback riders, or circus spectators, our relationships with animals play a big role in our lives. What are the specifics of the complex relationship between animals and humans? If you want to know more so that you can make informed choices—and help others make them, too, this badge is for you.
1. Find out about domestic animals
2. Investigate animals used for science
3. Explore animals in husbandry
4. Take a look at animals used for sports and entertainment
5. Look into an animal issue
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll better understand animal issues worldwide and know what I can do to help.
Earned by Senior Scouts.