Food and water, clean clothes, a place to live: These are things everyone needs. A closet full of shoes, a new desk, tickets to a movie: These are things people want. But how do you figure out what you need and what you want? You might find it’s not as easy as you think!
1. Explore your needs and wants
2. Look into why you want what you want
3. Find out what makes people happy (or not!) with what they buy
4. Learn how to decide what to buy
5. Make a plan to buy something you need or want
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know the difference between what I need and what I want—and I’ll be able to smartly save money for both.
Part of the Financial Literacy sequence. Earned by Junior Scouts.Download Additional Resources.