When it comes to innovation, fantastic ideas and creative inventions are only half the game. The other half involves figuring out if people would buy your invention or use your idea. In this badge, you’ll find out what it takes to turn a great idea into a business.
1. Brainstorm business ideas
2. Improve one idea
3. Get into the financial side of things
4. Imagine creating a business
5. Practice sharing your business ideas
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to think like an entrepreneur.
Earned by Cadette Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
Do you ever wonder what it takes to come up with a new kind of phone or a new way to power a light bulb? Would you like an invention that would help you tie your shoes faster or one to make elevators record your singing while you ride? In this badge, find out how inventors make stuff—and become an inventor yourself!
1. Warm up your inventor’s mind
2. Find lots of ways to solve the same problem
3. Make a needs list
4. Solve a problem
5. Share your invention
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to think like an inventor.
Earned by Brownie Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
A product is anything developed by one person for another. An innovation is an invention that improves people’s lives, like a smartphone or a waterproof fabric for a tent. Some innovations are entirely new, and some take a product that already exists to make it better. In this badge, you’re the product designer.
1. Observe what makes a great product
2. Be an innovation detective
3. Figure out what’s working and what’s not
4. Innovate to find solutions
5. Mess up so you can try again!
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to think like a product designer.
Earned by Junior Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
Girl Scouts are always on the lookout for ways to help others and make a difference. But how do you go from identifying a social problem to developing a social solution? This badge will show you how! And with the skills of a social innovator in your pocket, you’ll be able to create Take Action projects for your Leadership Journeys or your Gold Award that are useful, informed, and truly do change the world.
1. Explore the big picture
2. Make connections
3. Build empathy for people affected by your issue
4. Develop a solution from a specific point of view
5. Practice pitching ideas and getting feedback
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to think like a social innovator.
Earned by Senior Scouts.