Picture this: You nock (or place) an arrow onto a bow, hook your fingers around the string, draw it back, eye your target, and release! Bull’s-eye! Archery is an exciting sport that takes strength, focus, good form, and practice. Get ready to challenge yourself as you build your archery skills and learn how to shoot on a range.
- Get to know archery equipment
- Learn about archery safety
- Practice archery before you go on a range
- Shoot on an archery range
- Create an archery challenge
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to take aim outdoors with my archery skills.
Earned by Cadette Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
Riding a horse is one of the most exciting things you can do. But ask any good horseback rider her secret to success and she’ll say that understanding a horse is as important as learning to ride one. Get clued in to horses, and get ready to ride!
- Know the basics of horseback riding
- Take care of a horse and learn about safety
- Prepare for your ride
- Practice your ride
- Go for a rise
Earned by Junior Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
What happens when you invite a friend to climb the tallest hill you can find, or buddy up to take a walk around your neighborhood at night? What do you see? What do you hear? There are so many amazing adventures waiting for you. So hang on, jump in, and get ready to explore the great outdoors!
- Play outdoors in a new way.
- Explore nature.
- Buddy up and play outdoor games.
- Learn a camp skill.
- Care for the outdoors.
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll have tried a lot of new things outdoors and learned which activities I want to do again.
Earned by Brownie Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
Paddling takes a mix of knowledge and skills, and a dash of daring. It also delivers one of the most unforgettable experiences you’ll ever have on water. In this badge, there are three paddling activities to choose from: canoeing, kayaking, and stand up paddleboarding (SUP). Pick one and jump in!
- Explore the three paddling sports
- Lear paddling safety
- Practice paddling techniques
- Go on a short paddling adventure
- Take your paddling skills to the next level
Earned by Senior Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
You’re at the peak of your exciting Girl Scouting career and ready to do something big. You’re no stranger to the outdoors—you’ve been camping, hiking, canoeing—but the Ultimate Recreation Challenge is a chance to deepen your experiences. You’ll go on five adventures where you can step up your outdoor skills and do awe-inspiring things you’ve never done. You decide what you’ll do, where you’ll go, and what your goals will be. And there’s no race to earn this badge! Take time to savor each adventure—and to create the stories you’ll be telling for a lifetime.
- Experience an ultimate adventure on a trail
- Take the ultimate camping trip
- Dive into an ultimate water adventure
- Go on the ultimate offbeat adventure
- Do an ultimate recreate challenge unique to your area
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll have planned and taken five adventures that transformed and challenged me.
Earned by Ambassador Scouts. Download Additional Resources.