A locavore is someone committed to eating locally grown, seasonal foods. The efforts of locavores can be important—and delicious—steps toward healthful eating, helping the environment, and supporting local farmers.
1. Explore the benefits and challenges of going local
2. Find your local food sources
3. Cook a simple dish showcasing local ingredients
4. Make a recipe with local ingredients
5. Try a local cooking challenge
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to prepare a meal of seasonal and locally grown dishes.