Chefs are on the cutting edge of entertainment and are masters of building community at the table. They also have the thrill of defining and redefining delicious in their kitchens every day. For this badge, try on a chef’s apron as you throw a great dinner party, bring people together, and practice creating course after course with finesse and flair.
1. Create your menu
2. Make a budget and shopping list
3. Practice timing your courses
4. Explore imaginative ways to present food
5. Host your party
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to make and serve a fabulous three-course meal.
Earned by Ambassador Scouts.
A locavore is someone committed to eating locally grown, seasonal foods. The efforts of locavores can be important—and delicious—steps toward healthful eating, helping the environment, and supporting local farmers.
1. Explore the benefits and challenges of going local
2. Find your local food sources
3. Cook a simple dish showcasing local ingredients
4. Make a recipe with local ingredients
5. Try a local cooking challenge
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to prepare a meal of seasonal and locally grown dishes.
Earned by Senior Scouts.
Culinary possibilities are as diverse as the globe of people who cook them. Wherever you go in the world, a version of the pocket bread holds something delicious, and your sweet tooth can be satisfied with everything from date syrup to lingonberry jam. In this badge, cook up four dishes from across time and distance, and find out where your taste buds want to travel.
1. Make a dish from another country
2. Create a dish from another region of the United States
3. Whip up a dish from another time period
4. Cook a dish that makes a statement
5. Share your dishes on a culinary “tour”!
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll be able to make amazing dishes from all over the world and way back in time.
Earned by Cadette Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
There’s steam and bubbles, interesting tools, and amazing smells…and lots of room for experiments. And it’s not a laboratory—it’s your own kitchen! Use these steps to make amazing meals and learn to create a whole meal of your own.
1. Step up your skills with a pro
2. Whip up a great breakfast
3. Fix a healthy lunch or dinner
4. Create a delicious dessert
5. Make your own meal
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to serve up a meal for my family and friends.
Earned by Junior Scouts. Download Additional Resources.
Make great snacks for yourself and your friends. When you eat them, they’ll give you the energy to think, hike, run around, dress up—and do all the other activities you love to do.
1. Jump into the world of snacks
2. Make a savory snack
3. Try a sweet snack
4. Snack for energy
5. Slurp a snack
When I’ve earned this badge, I’ll know how to make yummy snacks for my family and friends.
Earned by Brownie Scouts. Download Additional Resources.