It’s a new school year and we have some exciting events in the works. In September we have Fall Camporee (registration closes on Sept 2nd!), a Girl Scout Sing-Along on Sept 7th, and Service Unit Bridging and Investiture on Sept 30th.
If your troop/group has an event they would like to share, please let us know!
Coming up, we also have the final installment of the 2018 Outdoor Challenge series and fall product sales.
Fall will be the last installment for the 2018 challenge series. Heather Higgins has had a blast organizing the 2018 challenge. Thank you!
We would love to continue the challenge into 2019. If you would like to help us put together the next series (starting Dec 1), please contact us. In addition to needing new challenges, we will also be looking for a new patch. Responsibilities would involve putting together the seasonal challenges and then distributing patches every 3 months.
In order to be eligible for additional money-earning, troops must participate in fall product and cookie sales. Karen Bair and Jodi Vender have agreed to be our Service Unit’s Fall Product Co-Liasions. An in-person Fall Product Troop Liaison (FPTL) training will take place at the Girl Scout office in Hamilton Plaza on Sunday, Sept. 9 at 5:30 p.m., followed by the September Service Unit meeting. A webinar version of FPTL training will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 12 at 6 p.m. – register here. Key dates:
- Sept. 4-17 – Lottery entry for Fall Product booths
- Sept. 9 – SU416 in-person FPTL training, 5:30 p.m.
- Sept. 12 – GSHPA FPTL training webinar, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 5 – Fall product sales begin
- Nov. 4 – deadline for Junior+ troops to opt out of rewards
- Nov. 11 – in-person sales end
- Nov. 19 – National Women’s Entrepreneurship Day: Girls getting 2+ online orders this day receive special patch
- week of Dec 3 – product delivery
- Dec. 20 – parent debt forms due
- Jan. 4 – ACH withdrawl from troop accounts